Artspace (NC), National Call for Applicants: Summer Residency 2019, with stipend
Deadline: October 1st, 2018, 11:59pm EST
The Summer Artist Residency at Artspace provides an artist with a month-long studio opportunity and $2,000 stipend (paid at the end of the residency) to work on a project of his/her choice and to interact with the public and the artist community. It is also an opportunity for an artist to exhibit the work she/he creates immediately following the residency. During the residency period, the artist teaches two classes or workshops in conjunction with the Artspace Summer Arts Program (ASAP), and presents a general lecture or demonstration about his/her own work or a related topic.
Compensation: Artspace offers a stipend of $2000, which is paid at the end of the residency period. Artists are also compensated for their teaching time.
1. The Summer Artist Residency is available to established, dedicated, working artists.
2. Artists must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents over 18 years of age.
3. Artists working in most mediums will be considered. Artists working with toxic materials, hazardous machinery, etc. will not be considered due to limitations within the building. Oil painting is permitted.
4. Artists must not be currently enrolled in an institutional program of study, including instructional museum programs.
5. Artists must be ready to enjoy working in an open studio setting where the public is able to interact with the artist during public hours. Artists must work in the studio a minimum of 20 hours per week during public hours.
6. Submitting Artists must be experienced in art instruction – preferably with adults and children (ages 8+).
7. Submitting Artists must be prepared to exhibit artwork created during their residency, in addition to and/or of the same caliber as the artwork submitted for application.
Housing: Artspace will work with the artist to find adequate housing for the residency period.
Website link for more detailed information and submission guidelines: http://artspacenc.org/artists/opportunities/call-for-residencies/summer/
About: Artspace inspires creativity by engaging the community in the visual arts process. Artspace is a dynamic studio environment of established and emerging artists and a center for hands-on arts education and nationally acclaimed exhibitions. Artspace is Raleigh’s visual art center for creation and interaction. http://artspacenc.org/
Artspace, 201 East Davie Street, Raleigh, North Carolina