Bunnell Street Arts Center (AK), International Call for Applicants, Alaska AIR: 2020 Bunnell Artist in Residence, with stipend
Deadline: October 31st, 2019
Bunnell Street Arts Center presents an Artist-in-Residence program for international, US and Alaska artists to create artwork that promotes community engagement and creative placemaking strategies. Bunnell seeks artists to strengthen the social, physical and economic fabric of Homer through the arts by addressing pertinent themes. These may include accessibility, inclusion, decolonization, sustainability, skills sharing and exchange, enhancing community well-being, and/or artistic strategies to build connections between local and global communities.
Bunnell seeks artist-led projects at the Arts Center and surrounding community featuring community engagement through visual, literary and performing arts, social and civic practice, ephemeral art, moving image, movement, music composition and performance.
Residencies are available in September, October or November of 2020 and February, March or April of 2021.
Bunnell Street Arts Center is a multidisciplinary arts center located in a landmark building overlooking Kachemak Bay and the Kenai Mountains in south-central Alaska. Founded in 1991, Bunnell’s mission is to nurture and present exceptional innovative art in all media for diverse audiences. A premier exhibition and performance space with historic charm on the main floor doubles as an open studio for artists in residence. Private rooms with private baths for artists are located upstairs, in a spacious apartment with a shared kitchen and living area.
- Residency Length: one month
- Average number of artists in residence at a time: 1 – 5
- Number of artists accepted in most recent year:
Facilities & Services:
- Housing: Private bedroom with private bath in a shared housing facility
- Meals: occasional meals/food provided, shared kitchen; restaurants nearby
- Computer/internet access: Wireless Internet
- Studios/special equipment: nipping press, small printing press, HD/3D video projector, HD video camera, tripod, sound system (mixer, monitors, mains, mics and cables), office equipment, light board and theatre lights, workshop (tables, chairs), reception inventory (tables, chairs, bowls, cutlery, etc),
- Additional studio information: The art studio is Bunnell’s main exhibition gallery, open to the public during regular gallery hours Monday-Saturday. It is not private.
Residency Fees: $20 application fee
Stipends / other support:
- $1000 stipend for one month
- up to $1000 value round-trip coach travel to Homer
- lodging in a private room with private bath, shared kitchen and living area above the Arts Center.
- $250 for art materials
- Artist Status: Mid-career Artists
- Application type: Open application
- Geography: Open to International, US, and Alaska artists
- Application deadline: October 31 annually
To apply via CaFE: https://artist.callforentry.org/festivals_unique_info.php?ID=7006
Website link for more information: http://www.bunnellarts.org/artist-in-residence-3/
About: Bunnell Street Arts Center’s mission is to nurture and present exceptional innovative art in all media for diverse audiences. They are located in Homer, Alaska