c3:initiative, Daily Serving + Art Practical, Call for Applicants: Art Publishing Residency, with stipend
Deadline: June 17th, 2017, 11:59pm PST
In partnership with c3:initiative, Daily Serving + Art Practical (DSAP) is excited to announce the inaugural Art Publishing Residency, which provides access to publishing and leadership roles in arts journalism for diverse voices. This paid residency supports emerging writer-editors by offering immersive training with an international arts-publishing organization.
Over the course of two months, Art Publishing Residents will engage with all aspects of online contemporary art publishing, working directly with the Executive Director, the Editors in Chief of Daily Serving and Art Practical, the Communications Manager, and the Operations Manager.
• The resident will gain valuable hands-on experience with the entire production process, from pitching and writing articles, to working with authors to edit and post reviews, to content strategy and communications.
• The residency provides exposure to the administrative aspects of an arts publication, including advertising, fundraising, team leadership, and building partnerships with other arts publications and organizations.
• The resident will gain valuable insight into the operations of a diverse arts publisher and will play a key role in our new major audio and book publishing initiatives.
• The resident will attend weekly staff meetings and other Daily Serving + Art Practical events.
• The resident will receive a press pass and introduction to an international network of artists, writers, editors, and other arts workers.
• The residency is part-time, and will take place over eight weeks from July through August 2017.
The Art Publishing Residency provides a stipend of $1000 for a maximum of 10 hours per week for eight weeks.
Update, June 9th, 2017: Participants who successfully complete the residency will be granted a further opportunity to take part in a one- or two-week exchange in Portland, Oregon. c3:initiative will provide travel, accommodations, and a daily stipend, and the resident(s) will be introduced to the Portland arts community. Travel dates TBD by resident and c3:initiative, in fall 2017 or winter 2018.
Qualified applicants must be at least 18 years old, proficient in English, and not currently enrolled as a student at the start of the residency.
For full details and link to apply: https://artpractical.wufoo.com/forms/art-publishing-residency/