Call for Entries for San Francisco Bay Area* Visual Artists: Artadia Awards, 2019
Deadline: August 1st, 2019
The San Francisco Artadia Awards are open to all visual artists living and working throughout the *five Bay Area counties of Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, San Francisco, and San Mateo. Artadia chooses to fund artists in cities that demonstrate a commitment to contemporary art. These cities are notable for the active presence of local artists in the community, art institutions recognized for innovative contemporary programming, a commercial art market that offers artists opportunities to show their work locally and at art fairs, and exemplary schools that prepare artists through undergraduate and graduate programs.
Of the selected finalists, the jury will designate two Awardees to receive unrestricted funds of up to $10,000*, as well as access to a lifetime of programs that offer critical dialogue and exposure. Artadia Awards provide the most substantial and impactful level of fiscal and creative support possible. Artadia Awardees demonstrate the principles of merit to the highest degree as defined by Artadia and as determined by the jury.
The San Francisco Artadia Awards are:
– *Open to anyone living in the Bay Area counties of Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, San Francisco, and San Mateo
– Free of application fees and project outline requirements
The application process is open to all visual artists who:
- Are not currently enrolled in an art-related degree program or long-term residency, nor planning to attend an art-related degree program or long-term residency in the coming year
- Not related to Artadia staff or directors in any way
- Have not received an Artadia (formerly The ArtCouncil Inc.) Award for $10,000 or more in the past
- Have resided in the program city for at least two years prior to the application deadline
- Live and work in designated partner cities
For more detailed information and link to apply: https://artadia.org/awards/
About: Artadia is a national non-profit organization that supports visual artists with unrestricted, merit-based awards and fosters connections to a network of opportunities. We recognize artistic excellence in cities throughout the United States and introduce local communities to the international art conversation. In the past 15 years, Artadia has awarded over $3 million to more than 300 artists throughout its participating award cities of Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Houston, New York, San Francisco, and Los Angeles. Over 20,000 artists have applied for the Artadia Awards program.