Creative Capital | Andy Warhol Foundation, National Call for Applicants: 2017 Arts Writers Grant
Application deadline: May 17th, 2017
The Creative Capital | Andy Warhol Foundation Arts Writers Grant supports both emerging and established writers who are writing about contemporary visual art. As long as a writer meets the eligibility and publishing requirements, they can apply.
The program issues awards, ranging from $15,000 to $50,000, directly to individual authors for articles, blogs, books, new and alternative media, and short-form writing projects. We support the broad spectrum of writing on contemporary visual art, from general-audience criticism to academic scholarship.
To be eligible for this grant, an arts writer must be:
- an individual;
- applying for a project about contemporary visual art;
- an art historian, artist, critic, curator, journalist, or practitioner in an outside field who is strongly engaged with the contemporary visual arts;
- a U.S. citizen, permanent resident of the United States, or holder of an O-1 visa;
- at least twenty-five years old;
- a published author (specific publication requirements vary depending on grant category; see the project-specific eligibility requirements).
For more detailed information and link to apply: http://www.artswriters.org/