Job- Artist Trust (WA): Communications Manager
Deadline: May 27th, 2019
The Communications Manager increases Artist Trust’s visibility and engages audiences in its mission through strategic communications, storytelling initiatives, promotions, marketing, and outreach.
Time Commitment: Full-Time at 40 hours/week, Exempt
Benefits: $48,000-$52,000 DOE plus benefits including health insurance, retirement plan, long-term disability insurance, life insurance, generous paid time off including vacation, sick leave, and holiday pay.
· Develop, implement, and track the success of an annual communications plan, working in support of and in collaboration with Artist Trust programs and development teams, and in coordination with Artist Trust’s strategic plan and racial equity framework
· Manage the content, design, production, and distribution of print and online collateral including, but not limited to: Artist Trust brochure, branding initiatives, special event invitations and materials, videos, annual report, press releases, blog posts, e-newsletters
· Develop and manage statewide storytelling initiatives for Artist Trust
· Maintain and refine Artist Trust’s website
· Create social media strategies and content, engaging audience in innovative and effective ways
· Coordinate and manage documentation (photos, videos, etc) of Artist Trust’s statewide programs and events
· Coordinate and enhance media relationships statewide, including generating press releases, pitching stories, coordinating press interviews, managing press contacts in database, maintaining press clippings archive, and working with the Development Manager on media sponsorships
· Manage style, brand, and language standards for all print and online materials and review all materials before they are distributed
· Manage contracts and relationships with communications vendors, partners, contractors, and sponsors
· Interview, hire and manage volunteer communications interns
· Oversee the annual communications budget
· Other duties as assigned by CEO
Required Skills and Qualifications:
· Minimum two years’ experience and demonstrated success in communications, preferably in a not-for-profit setting; experience in strategic communications planning, project management, and budget management
· Strong computer skills with demonstrated strength in social media platforms, website maintenance, and MS Office
· Graphic design skills preferred
· Bachelor’s Degree preferred
For more detailed information and to apply: https://artisttrust.org/index.php/about/jobs#communications_manager
Mission Statement: Since 1986, Artist Trust has invested over $10 million in individual artists through grant programs, and provides a comprehensive suite of professional development training and resources to help artists achieve their career goals. We help artists establish and maintain careers through direct support, connections, and advocacy.