Job- Headlands Center for the Arts (CA): Director of Communications and Outreach
Deadline: Review of applications will begin Monday, January 14th, 2019 and continue until the position is filled.
The Director of Communications & Outreach works under the supervision of the Executive Director and in collaboration with Headlands staff to design and implement an integrated communications strategy and audience engagement program for Headlands Center for the Arts. This position is an opportunity for candidates interested in working in a dynamic, creative environment. The right candidate will have a significant impact on the external relations of a leading, mid-sized multidisciplinary organization in the contemporary arts field.
Headlands Center for the Arts is non-profit organization located in a historic former military fort in the coastal wilderness of the Marin Headlands in the Golden Gate National Recreation Area, 15 minutes north of San Francisco. Established in 1982, Headlands promotes artistic exploration and development of new creative work. We offer artists encouragement and opportunities for reflective thought, dialogue and collaboration with others; And offer visitors access to the unique campus and to engaging public programming.
Through residencies and public programs, including open houses, lectures, performances and community meals, we seek to explore and interpret the relationship between place and the creative process and to extend appreciation for the role of artists in society. Residencies bring artists from many different disciplines, cultural backgrounds and nationalities to live and work on site each year, while public programs engage artists, scholars, activists and other professionals.
Compensation and Office Culture
- Salary range: $68,000–$73,000, negotiated based on experience.
- 11 paid holidays annually.
- Three weeks paid time off per year, increases to four weeks at year 2.
- Employee medical/dental benefits paid 100% by employer, effective after one full month of employment.
- Flex spending account (Health savings account), Life insurance, and 401K plan (employee contribution only) available upon hire.
- Headlands supports ongoing employee professional development and funds these activities whenever possible.
- Fast-paced convivial work environment; shared office setting in beautiful natural setting.
- Dynamic creative community and direct access to working artists; access to local and organic food program.
- Like all of Headlands staff, this position serves as an ambassador for the organization and may be asked to engage directly with the visiting public.
For qualifications, responsibilities and more detailed information: http://www.headlands.org/headlands-information/employment/