Job- Nevada State College: Lecturer of Visual Media and Program Coordinator
Deadline: February 15th, 2019
The Lecturer of Visual Media and Program Coordinator will report to the Chair of the Humanities Department at NSC but will be housed at Truckee Meadows Community College (TMCC) in Reno, Nevada. The successful candidate will support a partnership where TMCC offers a 60-credit AA in Graphic Arts and Media Technology, followed by a 30-credit Advanced Certificate. NSC will offer 30 upper division credits beyond the certificate, allowing a TMCC student to graduate with an NSC bachelor’s degree without leaving TMCC’s campus. Notably, this position supports an innovative effort to fulfill our statewide mission by situating an NSC faculty member on a northern campus, mirroring successful efforts at other campuses.
- Teach in-person upper division courses in visual media, including evening courses as needed;
- Teach selected online classes as needed;
- Coordinate independent studies and internships for the students enrolled in the program;
- Advise students enrolled in the program;
- Promote the program to prospective students;
- Develop relationships with other NSHE colleges in support of the program;
- Use Canvas, NSC’s learning management system;
- Collaborate with the TMCC Graphic Communications faculty;
- Travel to Henderson, Nevada at least once a year to visit the NSC campus;
- Teach TMCC courses during the first year of employment and occasionally as needed while the program builds toward capacity.
Salary: $50,000. – $55,000.
Excellent benefits, including 14.5% retirement match, beginning balance of 30 sick leave days, 11 paid holidays, educational benefits, and three health insurance plans that can be supplemented with flexible spending accounts or health savings accounts.
Website link for more information and to apply: https://nshe.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/NSC-external/job/TMCC—Truckee-Meadows-Community-College—Dandini-Campus/Lecturer-of-Visual-Media-and-Program-Coordinator_R0113402