Job – Yerba Buena Center for the Arts (CA), Call for Applicants: Associate Director of Production
Deadline: February 1st, 2019
- Lead production contact for assigned YBCA Presents Artistic Presentations, Commercial and Community Rentals as well as internal YBCA events.
- Oversee the operation, maintenance and safeguards of all theatrical systems operated at YBCA.
- Plan short and long-term purchases, upgrades, maintenance, and other special equipment and facility technical projects.
- Maintain technical specification records and electronic packages for YBCA Theater and Forum.
- Establish and maintain productive and cooperative relationships with other YBCA departments as well as artists, clients and vendors.
- Serve as resource for external and YBCA event planners in projecting events within YBCA’s facilities.
- Working with the Director of Production, forecast, develop and manage the department’s budget.
- Provide leadership in the analysis of past practices, identifying and developing new ways to continuously improve the work and efficiency of the department.
- Analyze technical and production needs, develop cost estimates, labor schedules, allocate internal and external resources and provide overall management on YBCA productions
- Oversee production process including attending planning meetings, implementing and integrating agreed upon production needs to our facilities and resources.
- Responsible for adherence to production budgets for all productions as assigned
- Advise, coordinate and enforce YBCA facility use and safety policies and regulation, including IATSE labor agreement with visiting designers, technical personnel, and/or independent contractors.
- Manage and supervise YBCA and IATSE Local 16 technical staff on events and productions.
- Generate and maintain comprehensive production files (including but not limited to: initial contact records, production expense estimates, event information sheets, technical run sheets, production plans, set-up diagrams and CAD drawings, final expenditures, and other information pertinent to each project).
- Participate in YBCA meetings and events.
- Bachelor’s degree in Technical Theater, Production, or similar field of study
- At least 10 years successful production management and technical direction experience.
- Excellent organizational skills, with particular attention to detail
- Vector Works, Lightwright, and Microsoft Office proficiency
- Knowledge of theatrical systems, including lighting, sound, rigging, AV/Video, etc.
- Experience with Theatrical Unions
- Capacity to manage multiple tasks under pressure of deadlines
- Experience developing and managing budgets
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in partnership with people of diverse cultural backgrounds
- Flexibility to work variable schedules, including days, evenings, and weekends
- Interest and willingness to work alongside contemporary works of art and performances which present challenging and provocative subject matter.
Benefits: PTO, Holiday Pay, Paid Time for Volunteer Work, Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance, Voluntary Life and AD&D, Employee Assistance Program, Travel Assistance, and ability to participate in the 403(b) Retirement Plan. Free/member admission, member discounts at shops, & potential discounts on concert/lecture tickets at participating North American Reciprocal Museum institutions with your YBCA badge.
How to Apply: Send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “ADP” and your name in the subject line of your email.
For more information: https://ybca.org/jobs/associate-director-of-production
Links to more jobs at YBCA: https://ybca.org/jobs