Job- Allan Hancock College (CA): Tenure-track Assistant Professor Art/3D Emphasis
Deadline: April 25th, 2017
This is a full-time teaching position-ceramics, sculpture, 3-d design on beautiful central coast of California at Allan Hancock College in Santa Maria, California.
This is a full-time, 175-day (10-month annual contract) tenure-track faculty position in the Fine Arts Department. The instructor will provide instruction in sculpture, ceramics, 3-D design and other three dimensional media with the additional possibility of teaching drawing, 2-D design and art appreciation. The instructor will participate in program review and curriculum development; review and revise content of course(s) as necessary; maintain five (5) required office hours per week for student consultation; participate in department and college activities; maintain class and examination schedules as well as grade and attendance records according to college regulations; and perform related tasks as required. The assignment may include teaching in the evenings and on weekends at any college site.
Beginning date: August 2017, pending board approval.
Salary and benefits:
• Hiring salary range is $52,834 to $72,954 depending upon education and experience. A doctoral stipend of $2,500 is paid annually.
• Benefits include medical, dental, life, vision (employee only), and salary protection insurance.
To be considered for this position, the candidate must submit the following application materials to the college human resources office by end of business (4:00 p.m.), Tuesday, April 25th, 2017.
• Signed district application for faculty/administrative positions
• A current and complete resume/CV of education and professional experience
• Transcripts (unofficial copies are acceptable for the application process) Official transcripts are required if hired
• Cover letter
A CD or flash drive containing images of applicant’s studio artwork, 15 images of current work and 5 images demonstrating expertise in academic sculpture if different from current work (can be older work), not to exceed 20 images. Please label CD or flash drive clearly and submit in a 6″ x 9″ manila envelope labeled with your name and title of the position.
Link to more detailed information: http://hancockcollege.edu/human_resources/employment-opportunities.php