Kenneth Rainin Foundation (CA), Call for Letters of Inquiry: Open Spaces Program (grants)
Deadline: August 3rd, 2018, 5:00pm PST
From their call: The Kenneth Rainin Foundation invites Letters of Inquiry (LOIs) for our Open Spaces Program from June 25 to August 3, 2018. This program offers grants of $50,000 – $200,000 for nonprofit organizations to partner with artists to create temporary, place-based public art projects in San Francisco and Oakland. Projects should be visionary and timely with potential for deep impact on communities served.
- One-third of the grant funds must be designated to the collaborating artists and their direct expenses. Artists need to be compensated for their significant investments of time and skills required by this work. This is especially important in supporting artists to build authentic relationships with the communities they want to serve.
- The grant period will expand to 24 months. This is an acknowledgment that projects are complex, require substantial amounts of time for development, and are likely to change from the point of conception to execution.
- Grants are awarded to non-profit organizations or to 501(c)(3) fiscal sponsors. All fiscal sponsorships require a written agreement.
- If you are applying with a 501(c)(3) fiscal sponsor, please contact Arts Program Staff in advance of submitting an application.
- Please note: *In the case that a project is applying with a fiscal sponsor, the fiscally sponsored project and the lead artist(s) may not be the same entity. Please contact Arts Program Staff should you need further clarification.
- Lead applicants must be Bay Area nonprofit organizations that are proposing projects in collaboration with a specific artist(s). Participating artists may be based outside of the San Francisco Bay Area provided that a local organization plays a lead role. Please contact Arts Program Staff in advance of submitting an application if:
- Applying with a 501(c)(3) fiscal sponsor*
- Projects must designate at least one-third of the grant funds to the artistic project team and their direct expenses for creating the work. See FAQ for more information.
Website link for more information: https://krfoundation.org/grants-for-community-based-public-art-projects/
Information on the Open Spaces Grant Program: http://krfoundation.org/arts/grants/open-spaces/
Pre-Application Workshops: Learn about the Rainin Foundation’s Open Spaces Program. Arts Program staff will be on hand to answer questions.
San Francisco Workshop: Monday, July 16th, 5 – 6:00 PM
Root Division | Reserve Your Spot
Oakland Workshop: Friday, July 20th, 12 – 1:30 PM
Pro Arts Gallery | Reserve Your Spot