Lower East Side Printshop (NY), National Call for Applicants: Keyholder Residency Program, with stipend
Deadline: September 1st, 2018, 6:00pm EST
For residencies beginning October 1st, 2018
Lower East Side Printshop, NY, offers emerging artists FREE year-long studio residencies to develop new work and foster their artistic careers. The application deadline is September 1st, 2018 for residencies that begin on October 1st, 2018. Printmaking facilities are available for intaglio, relief, monoprint, waterbased silkscreen, digital processes, and other techniques that employ the tools at hand.
Keyholders work independently in the Printshop’s shared Artists’ Studio and have access to a vibrant community of peers. Artists from all disciplines are eligible to apply; printmaking skills are not required, but some familiarity with the medium is recommended. Basic instruction in printmaking and some Master Printer assistance is included in the program.
Participation is limited and competitive. Applications are evaluated by a panel of seasoned artists, curators, and art professionals based on the quality of submitted artwork. Artists currently without a studio space are encouraged to apply.
Artists from all visual art disciplines are eligible, printmaking skills are not required.
Keyholder Residency includes:
• 24-hour studio access
• $1,000 stipend
• storage space
• basic supplies (newsprint, blotters, solvents, cleaners)
• one free class in printmaking and consultations with Master Printers
• 20% discount on all Printshop classes
• free career development workshops
• inclusion in the Printshop’s permanent collection
• opportunities to show new work in exhibitions presented by the Printshop
• Only legal US residents may apply (i.e., Social Security cardholders)
• Students enrolled in any kind of degree program at the time of the residency are not eligible
• Keyholder Residencies are limited to emerging artists only. The Printshop defines emerging artists as under-recognized and under-represented artists in early stages in their careers
Website link: http://www.printshop.org/keyholder-residencies/
About: Lower East Side Printshop is a premier New York City printmaking studio supporting contemporary artists of all career and artistic backgrounds in creation of new work. Support includes facilities, time, financial, and technical assistance. With over 160 artists served each year, the Printshop is the largest printmaking workspace in the U.S. They are located in New York, NY.