Monterey Museum of Art, Call for California Artists: Currents and FLUX Exhibition Spaces
Currents and FLUX are two new Monterey Museum of Art exhibition spaces dedicated to recognizing the work of emerging and evolving California artists.
Currents exhibits a range of media, styles and genres, displaying selected artwork of one artist per exhibition. FLUX showcases smaller three-dimensional works of unique crafting and design. Both galleries exhibit new works, where the artist can demonstrate new directions in their creations. Both of these engaging platforms serve the MMA’s mission of connecting people and art by providing a space for California artists to share their talents, cultures, and perspectives. The new exhibits also enrich visitors’ experiences by inspiring involvement in the arts and providing fresh ideas and new trends in contemporary art.
• We are primarily seeking solo artists, but will consider collaborative artworks.
• Artists currently represented by a commercial gallery are not qualified. Contracts with commercial Galleries eliminates an opportunity to be included.
• Works created within the last two years are preferred. We’re looking for committed artists whose body of work shows progression/evolution.
• Participants must be willing to comply with all guidelines.
• Applicants may be contacted by our Executive Director/Exhibition Team for a residential or studio visit, required as a part of the process.
• Artist agrees to produce thirty copies of a zine or small edition artist book. These will be for sale at the front desk during the run of each exhibition with a price point between $2 and $25 per copy. Five copies will be retained by the MMA at no cost, two for the permanent collection, each is to be signed and in an edition by the artist.
• Exhibitions will rotate every four weeks.
• There will be no catalog production by the Museum.
• All artworks remain on view throughout the duration of the exhibition
Sales and Compensation
• A price sheet will be maintained by the front desk, where sales will be processed including any sales tax.
• Artist will agree to a 25% commission being held by the MMA.
• All sales are final. They will be documented and shared with the artist.
Website link for more information: http://www.montereyart.org/upcoming-exhibitions/currents-flux-3/
Please see Guidelines for specifics to proposals and submissions.