Deadline: March 29th, 2017
Who is Eligible?
• Any current student enrolled in a visual arts program at a community college or university, or a graduate of a visual arts program at a community college, four year university, or master’s program in the past year.
• Applicants must be visual artists who concentrate in one of the following areas:
- 2-D Mixed media – Includes collage and handmade paper, incorporates more than one type of material, and has a relief depth of less than 1/8 inch.
- 3-D Mixed media – Works with more than 1/8 inch of relief depth – This category is for objects that are “decorative” rather than “useful”.
- Drawing – Pencil, charcoal, chalk, pastels, etc.
- Painting – Oil, acrylics, etc.
- Photography – Film or digital photography.
- Watercolor – Layered and pigmented water-based media including; acrylic, gouache, tempera and transparent watercolors applied to archival acid-free stock or handmade papers.
• Applicants must be available to live in College Station from mid-May to mid-August 2017.
• Applicants must have a reliable vehicle and insurance.
• Applicants must be able to pass a background check.
What does The Arts Council offer?
• An unfurnished two bedroom apartment from mid-May through August 14th rent free, generously donated by Twin City Properties.
• A stipend of $600 to assist with renting studio space to create a body of work.
• Mentorship sessions with area artists on how to install an exhibit, how to conduct sales and manage your financial affairs as an independent artist, and continuing education.
• A gallery show at the Arts Center’s Texas Gallery to run from July 27th – September 9th, 2017.
For more detailed information and link to apply via CaFE: https://www.callforentry.org/festivals_unique_info.php?ID=4250