National Call for Applicants: IDA Enterprise Documentary Fund
Deadline: July 28th, 2017
The application is now open for the IDA Enterprise Documentary Fund, which provides production grants up to $100,000 for feature-length documentary films taking on in-depth explorations of original, contemporary stories told through a journalistic lens. In addition to funds, grantees will receive additional resources and expertise tailored to the journalistic needs of the project. Supported by the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, the IDA will award production and development grants totaling $1 million annually for the next four years.
- Applicant must be the director and/or creative producer and must retain creative and editorial control.
- Applicant must be a US citizen or permanent resident and 18 years of age.
- Applicant must have a proven track record working in documentary film (features or shorts), but a directing and/or producing credit is not necessary.
- Project must be in research and development. Projects that have completed significant production are not eligible.
- Subject may be domestic or international.
- Grant requests may be up to $15k.
- The applicant is not required to be a member of IDA.
- The applicant is not required to have nonprofit status or fiscal sponsorship.
- Student films are ineligible.
For more eligibility guidelines and information: http://www.documentary.org/enterprise-documentary-fund/development-grant-application-guidelines