Deadline: April 14th, 2017
From their call: A residency at Pottery Northwest is an opportunity to grow as a ceramic artist, to engage in our thriving community and to provide a platform to develop your work and support your career. Applicants are chosen for the quality of their work, a perceived potential for growth, and the ability/willingness to actively contribute to the community within the studio. Residencies include awarded studio space for 6 months to 2 years, a yearly firing stipend, and exhibition opportunities.
Here is a little of what you can expect from us:
- 100 sq feet of studio space in a 7200 sq ft clay facility.
- 24-hour access to a complete ceramics studio with a variety of equipment including potter’s wheels, a slab roller, an extruder, a spray booth with compressor, clay mixer, sandblaster, glaze lab, both electric and gas fired kilns, including soda and raku kilns.
- Immersion in engaging & exciting community with 8-11 peer artists, strong student base, as well as visiting artists
- $500 per year firing & materials stipend.
- Teaching opportunities on a quarterly basis with competitive pay.
- In-house Wally Resident Artist Project Grant of up to $10,000. The primary purpose of this grant is to stimulate the studio environment and enable adventurous work. A successful applicant will be able to push boundaries, welcome the opportunity to pursue new directions, and generally develop work further.
- A solo exit show toward the end of your residency as well as several opportunities to show work in other exhibitions throughout the year.
What we expect from you:
- Focus on producing quality work. A minimum of 20-hours a week of active studio time is required.
- Interest in contributing to the culture by engaging in gallery openings, artist talks, supporting fellow residents, and general openness to engage students and guests.
- Assist in maintenance of studio.
- Expected to contribute work for fundraising events on consignment.
- Expected participation in fundraising events, including the donation of collaborative work and labor.
Link for more information and to apply: http://potterynorthwest.org/artists-in-residence/
About: Pottery Northwest is the Pacific Northwest’s premier ceramic facility. Founded in 1966 as a nonprofit arts organization, Pottery Northwest is a longtime and vibrant source of programming in the Seattle arts community. Artists from around the world come to Pottery Northwest in the spirit of artistic dialogue and as a formative step in their professional careers. World-class professional artist residencies, exhibitions featuring traditional and contemporary work, community classes and an engaging lecture series spanning many years are all features of this fixture at Seattle Center.