The Fellow actively participates in developing and presenting public exhibitions related programming at Root Division, and he/she should:
- Demonstrate excellence in his/ her curatorial practice and/or art-writing
- Have at least one year of experience curating, organizing exhibitions and/or facilitating group art projects.
- Have a passion for working with emerging Bay Area artists.
- Be available a minimum of 1-2 weekday afternoons per week from September 2016 through April 2017
- Be available for 1-2 occasional weeknights per month from September 2016 through April 2017
- Bachelor’s degree in fine arts, curatorial studies, or art history (or equivalent) (Current students are eligible to apply.)
- Proven skills in curation and/or exhibition coordination
- Strong writing ability and computer skills (Mac)
- Sensitivity to and understanding of the needs and interests of artists and a diverse audience
In exchange for 40 hours per month of service with a focus on Exhibitions, the fellow will receive:
- Stipend of $2000 ($1000 paid in Dec. and $1000 paid in April).
- Invaluable training and hands on experience in a thriving visual arts non profit.
Application process includes submitting completed Fellowship Application Form and required materials. Finalists must be available between August 15th – 19th, 2016 for interviewing with Root Division’s Selection Committee.
Link to more detailed information and how to apply: https://rootdivision.org/fellowship/exhibitions-fellowship