SEA Foundation (NL), International Open Call for Applicants: Artist in Residence, Tilburg, fully funded
Deadline: March 14th, 2017
AiR Tilburg – Netherlands
Open call for a fully funded residency for visual artists, curators and writers
SEA Foundation invites visual artists, art critics and curators to apply for a residency in 2017. Candidates can apply for one term. Either April – June or September – November 2017. With it’s AiR program, that affords opportunities for experimentation to try out new ideas, practices and strategies, SEA Foundation promotes internationally relevant artistic production, research and discussion in the Tilburg region, in the south of the Netherlands.
The aims are:
• To support the production of art and the theory of art
• To evoke discourse on art and art practices within a local and global context
• To promote and relay critical and researched based production of art
• To facilitate exchange between art intermediaries and artists, creating an expert network
Selection: Artistic merit is the basis for selection. All applications will be judged a panel consisting of SEA Foundation team members that is complemented by international advisors. The individually shaped residencies include bespoke mentoring.
Duration: Up to 3 months depending on project proposal.
Paid by SEA Foundation:
• Studio and private living quarters
• Heating, water and electricity
• 4 hours per week bespoke mentoring and training
• Use of shared kitchen and common residency rooms
• WIFI everywhere on the premises
• Use of workshop and equipment
• Use of art-related library
• Interaction with local peers and other residents
• Office facilities and printers
• PR activities
• Free parking (road side)
• Bike on loan
Stipend and production budget:
• Stipend of 200 per week
• Production budget 1500 euro depending on project costs
Paid by the resident:
• Personal expenses
• Writer’s and photographer’s fees in case of exhibition documentation
About: SEA Foundation is a Dutch not-for-profit, artist-led organization in Tilburg the Netherlands established in 2011. Over the past few years SEA Foundation became known as an umbrella label for, support, solo exhibitions, art projects, exchanges and publications.