S&R Foundation, International Call for Applicants: Washington Award, 2019
Deadline: August 3rd, 2018
Are you an emerging artist looking to further your creative development? The Washington Award recognizes talented artists working in music, dance, or visual arts including painting, photography, sculpture or interdisciplinary arts.
- Winners receive a cash prize of $10,000 to support their career development.
- An additional $5,000 may be awarded to a Grand Prize-winning artist of outstanding ability.
- Award winners become part of the S&R Foundation network of artists, scientists, and social entrepreneurs.
- Award winners are eligible for performances or exhibitions supported by S&R Foundation.
Students currently enrolled in undergraduate/graduate programs are not eligible to apply.
How does S&R define ‘emerging?’
- Those who have demonstrated promising artistic development. They may have received some critical recognition but have not yet earned an extensive record of professional achievement.
- Have transitioned from academia and have entered their professional careers as an artist, and would benefit from an award like the Washington Award.
Website link for eligibility requirements, FAQ, and link to apply: https://sandrfoundation.org/programs/washington-award
S&R Foundation Mission: To support talented individuals with great potential and high aspirations in the arts, sciences, and social entrepreneurship, especially those who are furthering international cultural collaboration.