The Kennedy Center, National Call for Nominations: Citizen Artist Fellow Program
Deadline: December 22nd, 2018
Do you know a Citizen Artist? The Kennedy Center, a living memorial to President John F. Kennedy, honors our 35th President everyday by uplifting ideals from his legacy (service, justice, freedom, courage, and gratitude) that live through the arts. As part of this celebration of legacy, the Kennedy Center launched the “Citizen Artist Fellow Recognition” in 2016, which recognizes emerging artists across the country who utilize their art form for positive impact on communities.
- The year-long Program celebrates artists in the U.S. utilizing their work for positive community impact and connection.
- The Kennedy Center provides fellows with resources, opportunities, and support to strengthen connections in their field and advance their work.
- The fellows help the Kennedy Center understand broader issues, reach new audiences, and learn through their art.
Nominating a 2019/2020 Citizen Artist Fellow: Please complete this nomination by December 22nd, 2018, for an artist, teaching artist, social entrepreneur, or other individual who embodies community connection, impact and at least one of the ideals attributed to the work and life of John F. Kennedy (service, justice, freedom, courage, and gratitude). Nominees must be available to attend both Arts Summits and the Summer Retreat in order to receive the recognition.
Eligibility: Nominees must be 21 years of age or older. The Kennedy Center will recognize Citizen Artist Fellow(s) from each of five US regions (West Coast/Hawaii/Alaska; Southwest; Midwest; Southeast/Virgin Islands; Northeast). Nominators should select the region in which the nominee primarily works and lives. If the nominee works and lives in different regions, please select the region in which the nominee primarily works.
- Northeast: Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia
- Southeast: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, Tennessee, US Virgin Islands
- Midwest: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin
- Southwest: Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas
- West Coast: Alaska, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Wyoming
For more information, the nomination process, and links: https://cms.kennedy-center.org/education/citizen-artist-fellow/about