The San Francisco Bay Area Rapid Transit District (BART), National Request for Qualifications: Multiple Projects and Artist Pool
Deadline: March 5th, 2018
From their call: The San Francisco Bay Area Rapid Transit District (BART) is issuing Requests for Qualifications for artists for art projects in stations that are being upgraded. Five projects are currently selecting artists:
- Market Street Canopy Project (Budget: $40,000/artist. If fewer than four artists are selected and an artist is assigned to complete more than one design, an additional fee of $15,000 per design will be added.)
- Lake Merritt Plaza/Transit Operations Facility (TOF) (Budget: $25,000)
- Walnut Creek Station Access Improvements (Budget: $20,000)
- Dublin/Pleasanton Station – Iron Horse Trail Access Enhancement (Budget: $15,000)
- Concord Station Modernization (Budget: $20,000)
Artist may also apply to be in a pool for future projects seeking an artist as a design team member for station modernization projects. Applicants will indicate their interest in being considered for any of these projects, or for the artist pool only. Artists may submit to be considered for one or more of the five available projects, but will not receive a commission for more than one project (except as noted for the Market Street Canopy Project).
All artists will remain in a pool for up to three years, which will be used in the selection of artists for future projects, specifically when an artist is desired as design team member.
Eligibility: This RFQ is open only to artists or artist teams residing in the United States. There are specific residency requirements for the five projects currently being selected that are detailed below in Section V.B. If applying as a team, the local residency requirements detailed in Section V.B must be fulfilled by one of the team members. All applicant artists must be U.S. citizens or have legal working status in the United States at the date of application. SF Bay Area artists that meet the eligibility requirements set forth above and following are strongly encouraged to apply.
For more detailed information (PDF): https://www.bart.gov/sites/default/files/docs/Artist%20design%20team%20call%20final%202018_1.pdf
To apply via CaFE: https://www.callforentry.org/festivals_unique_info.php?ID=5113
Website link: https://www.bart.gov/content/art-transit-program