The Society of Northern Alberta Print-Artists (SNAP), International Call for Applicants: SNAP Visiting Artist Residency, Summer 2017
Deadline: February 28th, 2017
Residency will take place between the months of May–August (unless otherwise negotiated)
SNAP invites applications from professionally trained print artists who wish to come and work in the SNAP printshop for a four to six week period in order to develop a new body of work. This visiting artist program is open to international print artists and Canadian print artists with a significant exhibition record.
- 24/7 access to the print studio for a 4–6 week consecutive period.
- A $1000.00 CAD artist fee (paid upon completion of the residency)
- A $600.00 materials stipend (materials purchased must be used during residency and will be administered by SNAP staff)
- A maximum contribution of $1500.00 CAD toward travel and accommodation
- Delivery by the artist of a public demonstration, lecture or workshop
- The opportunity for broad public engagement with the artists project and studio work
Regular engagement with our community of studio renters, artists and SNAP patrons is expected through attendance at Open Studio drop-in sessions (5 hours every 2 weeks), informal critiques with emerging artists and others, attendance at exhibition openings and other events happening throughout the artist’s stay.
Website link: http://www.snapartists.com/artist-residency/
About: SNAP is dedicated to the promotion of both traditional and experimental printmaking practices including prints, artists’ books, posters and print-based installation as well as new, experimental and hybrid forms.