Third International Mokuhanga Conference (HI), International Call for Entries: IMC 2017 Juried Exhibition
Deadline: April 15th, 2017
From their call: The IMC2017 Hawaii Local Committee is thrilled to announce a call for entries for the International Juried Exhibition “Beauty of Mokuhanga: Discipline & Sensibility” which will include a mokuhanga print section and a hand printed artists’ book section. This is the central exhibition of the Third International Mokuhanga Conference which will be held for the first time outside Japan in Hawaii in 2017. To celebrate the expansion of this conference the exhibition is designed to bridge times, places, generations and disciplines through a celebration of the tradition of mokuhanga. The conference will nurture the discipline of mokuhanga and its special sensibility in order to foster innovative use of this traditional technique. The exhibition will help us to see, feel and hear in order to understand the depth of the history of mokuhanga and to promote the study and practice of mokuhanga printmaking in the global art community. Entry fee: $50.
Guidelines for Online Submissions
- Open to all artists 18 years or older; emerging and established artists are welcome.
- Medium: prints and books must include elements of mokuhanga, Japanese water-based woodcut technique. The exhibition will promote the incorporation of traditional mokuhanga printmaking in contemporary printmaking, which is the mission of the International Mokuhanga Conference.
- Submission is limited to up to two works.
- All work must be original and created within the past two years.
- The paper size for submitted prints must not exceed 48 x 48 inches (122 cm); artists’ books must not exceed 18 inches (45 cm) on the longest side.
- Images submitted should accurately represent the work and be in JPEG format, 2MB maximum file size. Be prepared to submit the following when applying online: artist, title, year completed, printing method, size in inches, retail price and a brief artist statement of no more than 150 words describing your work.
- Notification of acceptance and specifications for shipping will be sent to accepted artists after May 1, Monday, 2017.
Website link via CaFE: https://www.callforentry.org/festivals_unique_info.php?ID=4145