Small Works is an annual open call hosted by Trestle Gallery. Pieces may be no bigger than 12″ on their longest side (14″ framed). Entry fee.
Opening Reception: June 20th, 2019 from 7-9pm | On View through July 14th, 2019
– Pieces may be no bigger than 12″ on longest side – we accept 2D and 3D framed and unframed works of all media. If a work is framed, the frame can be a maximum of 2″ larger than the piece itself, making the max dimension 14″
– You may submit up to 3 works for consideration
– Images must be in JPEG format, 1000 pixels on longest side
– CV and Statement must be submitted in PDF form
– National and international artists are welcome to apply. As a non-profit we don’t have a shipping budget, so should an artist be selected they will have to cover the cost of shipping to and from the gallery.
Juror: Will Hutnic is an artist and curator based in Wassaic, NY. He received his M.F.A. from Pratt Institute (Brooklyn, NY) and his B.A. from Providence College (Providence, RI). Hutnick is a 2017 Martha Boschen Porter Fund grant recipient from the Berkshire Taconic Community Foundation as well as a 2015 grant recipient from the Foundation for Contemporary Art. He is the Co-Director of Ortega y Gasset Projects, an artist-run curatorial collective and exhibition space in Brooklyn, and is currently the Residency Director at the Wassaic Project, a nonprofit organization that uses art and art education to foster positive social change.
Website link for more detailed information: https://trestlegallery.submittable.com/submit/117141/small-works-2019
About: Trestle’s primary aim is to foster creativity by expanding opportunities and providing exposure for contemporary artists. They are located in Brooklyn, New York