Trestle Gallery (NY), International Open Call for Entries: The Wall 2020
Deadline: September 30, 2019, 11:59pm EST
From their call: Trestle Gallery is pleased to announce a new open call opportunity for site-specific projects for The Wall. Trestle Gallery will select 4 artists (or artistic collaborators/collectives) for the 2020 calendar year to execute a site-specific drawing, painting, or installation on our 8 x 10.25 foot entrance wall at our 850 3rd Avenue location. These projects will remain on view for approximately 2 months, with an opening reception that coincides with our other gallery programming. Applications are open to all International and National artists (NY-based or otherwise) but selected artists must be available to install and deinstall their own projects. Trestle will provide a modest stipend to help cover expenses related to the production of the work. Selected artists will be notified in the Fall of 2019. Entry fee.
Trestle is committed to creating and supporting a diverse and inclusive environment for all participants. Artists of all genders, communities, abilities, and cultures help us fulfill our mission to hold a space promoting excellence for all.
Dates for The Wall 2020:
January 17 – March 8
March 20 – May 10
July 2 – August 30
September 11 – November 1
- You may submit up to 5 images of your current work to provide some context for your proposal. If you have previously executed a site-specific wall work, please include it with your images.
- Please make your proposal as detailed as possible. You may also submit up to 3 images to further illustrate/supplement your proposal.
- Acceptable media include drawing, painting, sculpture, fiber art, ceramics, photography, and/or mixed media. Installations may extend up to 24 inches from the wall. Unfortunately we cannot accept proposals which include video, sound, or any other electronic components.
- Images must be in .JPG or .JPEG format, 1000 pixels on longest side, titled: LastnameFirstname_Title.jpg
- CV, Statement, and Bio must be submitted in PDF form, titled: LastnameFirstName_CV.pdf; LastnameFirstName_Statement.pdf; LastnameFirstName_Bio.pdf;
- National and international artists are welcome to apply, but selected artists must be available to install and deinstall their own projects
About: Trestle’s primary aim is to foster creativity by expanding opportunities and providing exposure for contemporary artists. They are located in Brooklyn, New York