Umpqua Community College (OR), Call for Entries: “Hear for All, Activism through Prints”
Deadline: December 15th, 2016
The Art Gallery at Umpqua Community College in Roseburg, Oregon is thrilled to showcase activism through prints in the forthcoming exhibit “Hear for All.” Any printed media will be accepted. We envision this exhibition to be a participatory, inclusive one taking a form of “mail-art” show. Let’s fill the entire gallery with voices that should be heard. What current issues matter to you?
- The theme is “activism.” Speak up through your art.
- No entry fee!
- Any printed media including, but not limited to traditional printmaking techniques, digital prints, photography, mixed media and installation involving prints will be accepted.
- The artwork should be ready to hang, either framed or unframed. Unframed work will be hung unframed most likely with small binder clips or earth magnets.
- Please clearly state your name, title, medium, year and sale price (if it’s for sale) on the back of your work and send a digital image of the work (JPEG, 72dpi, 5MB maximum) to mikab@ .
- Artwork can be for sale with 20% commission.
- Please print and fill out the agreement form and submit together with your artwork. Download it here: art-gallery_contract_revised
- Any submitted work that adheres to the guideline will be exhibited.
- The curator and UCC have a right to refuse to exhibit any work that contains any type of hate-speech towards any race, class, gender, sexual orientation. The curator’s decision is final in this regard.
- Installation proposal by December 15th, 2016. E-mail your proposal to: Mika Aono, mikab@ Upon acceptance, the installation date will be scheduled.
Please see the submission guidelines at: https://hearforall.wordpress.com/submission-guideline/