Yerba Buena Center for the Arts (CA), Call for San Francisco Bay Area Applicants: YBCA Fellows Program 2018 – 2019 , with honorarium
Deadline: April 8th, 2018, midnight PST
From their call: Yerba Buena Center for the Arts is the Bay Area’s creative home for civic action. We believe that culture precedes change, and it is the responsibility of arts organizations to spur and support societal movement.
The YBCA Fellows program brings together creative citizens from across the Bay Area – artists and everyday people alike – to engage in a yearlong process of inquiry, dialogue, and project generation. Each Fellowship cohort will explore and respond to a question that emerged from our annual YBCA 100 summit and together they’ll use art and culture to inspire community transformation.
Fellows projects will be presented during our annual Public Square and they can take the form of installations, performances or visual presentations, writing, screenings, visual arts, workshops, etc. These projects provide platforms to share new ideas and information and drive new possibilities into the public imagination.
Who We’re Looking For: YBCA is interested in working with changemakers who live in the San Francisco Bay Area. This is not just an opportunity for artists, but for all creative, socially-inclined individuals. This is a place for makers, thinkers, and provocateurs to collaborate and work in partnership with YBCA. The only firm requirement is a passion for building a more hopeful and equitable future.
Each cohort will grapple with one of the following questions and will require event and meeting attendance throughout the year.
How might we newly imagine POLITICAL POWER? (June 2018 – June 2019, monthly commitment)
How might we pursue and sustain COLLECTIVE SAFETY? (June 2018 – June 2019, monthly commitment)
Benefits of Fellowship:
- The opportunity to delve deeply into the intersection of cultural and social responsibility.
- An illuminating program of tools and ideas; integrated by YBCA culture makers and thinkers.
- Up close and personal access to world-renowned artists.
- The opportunity to connect and collaborate with an expanded network of Bay Area changemakers.
- A public platform for the presentation of Fellowship projects, as well as production support.
- $1,000 honorarium (Full honorarium is dependent on number of attended meetings)
Website link for more detailed information and to apply: https://ybca.org/ybca-fellows
Yerba Buena Center for the Arts, 701 Mission Street, San Francisco, CA 94103